Hiking L.A.

Blogged: June 30, 2006

Start Hiking L.A.

Welcome to hikingla.blogspot.com. I've decided to start this blog because I'd like to explore all the hiking around the Los Angeles area, and I thought it would be fun to document my explorations in the blogosphere.

I lived in Portland, Oregon, for four years, and one of the main things I miss about the Pacific Northwest are the mountains. I enjoy Los Angeles, but I sometimes lamented the lack of greenery and the disconnect from nature. But one day I just looked up and noticed the massive mountains surrounding the city. North of Glendale there are some serious peaks, and it occurred to me that I could get just as much hiking done around here as I could in the Northwest.

My boyfriend (BF) and I are planning on using a few books as our guides. We picked up Top Trails Los Angeles at Barnes & Noble last night, and we've borrowed Ecstatic Trails: The 52 Best Day Hikes and Nature Walks In and Around Los Angeles from the fabulous Los Angeles Public Library.

I'll come back here to report on each of the trails and get suggestions about future hikes. BF and I will also take some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Check back soon for the first hike report! Thanks for visiting.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home