Hiking L.A.

Blogged: May 9, 2007

Dante's View, R.I.P.

Griffith Park is burning. One of the early casualties was the popular hiking destination called "Dante's View." It is no more. Guess I won't be hiking that trail any time soon.

Here are some pics BF and I took tonight from the L.A. River. More can be found in my full flickr set.

A smouldering hillside:
Smouldering Hillside

Wide shot of the whole hillside:
Griffith Park Fire & L.A. River

Fire appearing to pour down the hillside:
Fire Pouring Down Hillside

Scorched earth:
IMG_4155

A "fire tornado":
Big "Fire Tornado"

More hills on fire:
Entire Hill on Fire

Tree silhouetted by fire:
Tree Silhouetted by Fire

I'm really curious what all this will look like in the morning. It'll be a long time before Griffith Park returns to its former glory, that's for sure.


1 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger Winter Warlock said...

Wow - it's odd that the pictures can be this beautiful, but so sad at the same time. It certainly looks like something from Dante's Inferno now...I hope for the best out there for everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home